Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Hot Dogs.




Now, I’m not one to consider myself a “foodie” however, I have tried a lot of hot dogs from Yankee stadium to Chicago-style and it took me a while to experience the best hot dog ever. For those of you that have never been I strongly suggest you get in your cars and drive to Walter’s Hot Dog Stand in Mamaroneck, New York. While in high school my friends and I would drive the 35 minutes to inhale from two to six hotdogs (yes, they’re that good). Now at Fordham being only 20 minutes away the trip is obviously worth it.



With the dogs sliced in half, the buns perfectly toasted and there homemade spicy mustard what’s not to love? Since they only offer hotdogs there’s and few sides to choose from which is hard when they all taste equally delicious to the hot dogs. Curly fries, straight fries, potato puff or sweet potato puffs and lets not forget the milk shakes with homemade ice cream makes the trip even more worth while. Since Walter’s was established in 1919 its now even a landmark, with a large following of happy patrons who pay visits even weekly. It’s also across from Mamaroneck High School, which causes crowds during the lunch breaks.

(Just a quick tip – it’s cash only and with hot dogs for $2.25, $10 will get you decent meal)


Ex.Oh.




No comments:

Post a Comment